TS3 Tutorials Archive

Archives of The Sims 3 Tutorials

Lot Elevation Bug by Richdre @ BMC

Archivist

Lot Elevation Bug by Richdre @ BMC

Post  Archivist on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 am

Richdre wrote:

There is a nasty bug that came with one of the expansion packs, I think it was Ambitions. When you place certain houses they will sink into the terrain or create a little mountain and sit above the terrain. I never had that happen to me until yesterday. I remolded on of EA's houses and when I put it back in the world it was down is a hole. I remembered reading about a fix for the problem a long time ago and decided to give it a try. There is a cheat that lets you change the elevation of a lot and that will fix the problem

You need to type in this cheat before you place the lot.

SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)

(value) Is a positive or negative number depending on whether the lot created a hole or a mountain.

After you place the lot check it before you press the accept button. If it is not level then press the cancel button and try it again. Positive numbers raise the lot and negative numbers lower the lot. You can use a decimal point to fine tune the elevation. If -2 lowers it too much try -1.5. Just keep typing the cheat before you place the lot, changing the numbers until you get it where you want it. It may take several tries but it's possible to get it level with the surrounding terrain using this cheat.

When you are done placing that lot if you plan to place more lots you need to enter the cheat and set the value back to zero.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 am