TS3 Tutorials Archive

Archives of The Sims 3 Tutorials

Basement Stairs under a Foundation by Richdre @ BMC

Archivist

Post  Archivist on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Richdre wrote:

The problem of placing stairs in the basement under a house with a foundation has always been a problem for me. There are several forums where this problem is discussed but the work arounds are hard to do. This is the method I came up with , it's very easy and works well.

First add your basement. I mark my build area with corner tiles but that's optional.

Now drop down into the basement and add your stairs.

Back up to ground level and add a one block foundation 3 squares from the stairs.  

Add a second set of stairs to the one block foundation.

Now add the foundation. The game will tell you that the foundation will not work with stairs. Just ingore the message. It will place the foundation.  

That's fine for a new house but what about adding stairs to an existing house. I still have problems with that but here is the way that seems to work best for me

Remove the foundation from the area where you want to place the stairs. The place where the stairs will go plus at least one extra row of  tiles around the area.

Now use the wall tool to build a room around the area where the stairs. will go. If you don't do this you will get a can't place stairs inside a foundation message. At least that's what happens to me.

Place your stairs just like you would for a new house. Remove the little room

Put your foundation back and your done.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm