TS3 Tutorials Archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TS3 Tutorials Archive

Archives of The Sims 3 Tutorials

Latest topics

» Guide to Houseboats in game & in CAW by SimGuruSemedi, EA IP Forum
by Archivist Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:46 pm

» Guests May Post Here
by Archivist Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:45 am

» Fancy Friezes Using Corniches
by Archivist Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 pm

» Building Basics ~ Lessons for Beginning Builders
by Archivist Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

» Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting from EA Caw Forum
by Archivist Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:27 am

» CAW tutorial - first contact by Anushka @ Carl and Pam's The Sims 3 Forum
by Archivist Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:56 am

» Steam installation, and Caw by LittleMinxUndr
by Archivist Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Procedural Generation of Terrain Discussion and Tips: Two Tutorials Posted
by Archivist Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 am

» Why CC Should Not be Packaged with a World, & How to Ensure it Isn't by Simsample, EA Caw Forum
by Archivist Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 am

» How To: Upload Caw Files to Share by auntielynds
by Archivist Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:29 am

» Pinstar1161 The Legacy Challenge Rules
by Archivist Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 am

» Building Apartments and Bars using EA's Shells by Richdre @ BMC
by Archivist Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:19 pm

How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear @ BMC

Archivist
    Archivist

How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear  @ BMC Empty How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear @ BMC

Post  Archivist Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Honeybear wrote:

If you have ever seen Central Park in Sun Valley then you've probably noticed that the center area surrounding the fountain is sunken and there are stairs to it. After much searching I could not find any instructions on how to re-create something similar for a park I'm building. Unable to find a tutorial on how to do this I started experimenting and was finally able to replicate it. Thought I would share my findings. :Smile:/>

Step 1 - In build mode use the lower terrain tool to cut out the area you want to use as the sunken area. Once you have the depth you want now you will want to use the leveling tool to smooth it all out.

Step 2 - After you've decided where you want your steps to go open the cheat box and enter ConstrainFloorElevation false.

You can see what mine looks like here and this is where I'll be placing my steps.

How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear  @ BMC 115

Step 3 - I've placed my stairs and you can see the area that sunk around my stairs which I don't want. We can fix that.

How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear  @ BMC 215

Step 4 - With the CFE cheat still on you can now use the leveling tool again to smooth out the area surrounding your stairs. As you can see it is now completely smoothed out and your all done.

How to Create Stairs for an outdoor Sunken Area by Honeybear  @ BMC 315

Tips - Before moving on to other things be sure to turn off CFE by typing in ConstrainFloorElevation True. If you intend to add a pool or fountain to the sunken area I suggest you install your stairs first. When experimenting I really messed up my fountain and you can see that to the left where it cut out part of my fountain even though I didn't go near that area with the tool. I was unable to recover and had to start over. Happy Building!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm